Pronounced: [ay•pril] [an•dell]
PSYCHOTHERAPIST, SPEAKER, & MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCATE
I’m here in support of YOU.
like Hi. 👋🏽 I’m Dr. Aprile Andelle. I’m a licensed therapist with over11 years and 10,000+ hours of experience in therapy. I’m also a solution-focused mental health coach dedicated to helping BIPOC women and men, and YOU, to master *long-lasting* positive mental health with my tools, masterclasses, and soon-to-open Joy. community.
I practice, consult, and train with an amazing community of highly skilled therapists and mental health clinicians on various platforms including BetterHelp, Mental Health Match, Ayana Therapy, Teladoc, and more.
I host a podcast called ‘Do I Need Therapy?‘ available on Apple and Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher. It’s about our community talking about mental health, love, and relationships openly, loudly, and proudly.
Plus, I write a bi-weekly newsletter. This is where you are the VIP and I’ll share with you meaningful messages on mental health, love, and relationship via videos, tips and tricks as well as announcements and invitations to new masterclasses and special events. On the list, you’ll get access to all my best information and updates first, like my free KEEP DEPRESSION AWAY Checklist. Also, I share behind-the-scenes guest moments of the podcast, my musings and happenings of operating in this crazy, uncertain world, and more. Available only through email. Sign up here:
In following peace, hope, love, and joy
We are all creators...of the lives we want to live
We are stronger than we think
We are made of star stuff!
“I’m an actual, real life therapist. And I love what I do.”
When I started out doing therapy years ago, I was a cookie-cutter therapist. I offered therapy “normal” and “traditional” like everyone else. However, I grew along with my clients, who have been brave and courageous enough to open up and share their lives with me.
Plus, let’s leverage technology to work for our mental health and wellness too, right?
The way I connect with my clients is sleek and modern… online sessions available via video and phone, VIP Days for the brave and courageous, couples, family, and friend sessions welcome, technology adapted offerings, wellness and lifeline checkups, and mindfulness and meditation exercises. Plus, tears AND laughter welcome.
If your goals are to overcome and rise above your trauma, depression, anxiety, stress or burnout, I can help. What’s the next step? We talk. In a Discovery Call. This is where we meet 1-on-1, you can ask me all your questions, and I share with you my personalized recommendation for you on a plan for therapy if needed. More here.
“I may be classic, but I’m not exactly traditional. I may seem ordinary, but I’m extraordinary. I may be in the crowd, but I’m a rebel.”
- I’m Caribbean 🇯🇲 , but my name is Italian.
- I used to live in Spain. 🇪🇸
- I love traveling the world and going on adventures. The more off-the-beaten path, the better.
- I love tea so much (white and green), I swear it’s one of my love languages.
- My favorite cities include: Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Negril, New York City, Miami, Cartagena, Amsterdam, Madrid, Lisbon, Cape Town, Nairobi, and Dakar.
- I love city walking everywhere I go. In South Florida, I map all the neighborhoods… by frozen yogurt shops, of course.
- Some of my bucket list items include: See the Aurora Borealis, Have A Night Under the Stars, Hike in New Zealand, Visit All 50 U.S. States, Walk Under a Wisteria Flower Path in Japan, Travel the World With My Love 🌍❤️
- I most enjoy morning walks.
- I do yoga. I’m often the one in the back hanging on for dear life… but I am there!
- I have a HUGE family. Over 30 first cousins. And I am definitely the quirky one.
- I know I have a babyface and a soft voice–but I am well past my 30’s. And I’ve been a mental health expert for 11+ years, over 10,000 hours of therapy, seeing hundreds of clients to their goals.
- Also, I’m an old soul.
ALSO, I’M EVERYWHERE ONLINE
I also host the ‘Do I Need Therapy™? Podcast Show. It’s about our community talking about mental health and wellness, love and relationships, and all the nitty gritty of therapy and the therapy process. And we talk about it all openly, loudly, and proudly.
Available on Apple and Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
JOIN ME ONLINE
That’s my handle everywhere online. But you can find me hanging out most on Instagram. That’s where I share my every day, and all the latest.